Need assistance to pay your bill for emergency or other medically necessary care at CHI St. Alexius Health? You may be eligible for financial assistance.
First, we will assist you to identify and apply for insurance coverage that may be available. If you still have a remaining balance after exhausting other coverage options, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
Under our Policy, we offer free or discounted care for emergency or other medically necessary care to patients who qualify. Qualification is based on family income 130% or less than the Very Low Income Guidelines issued by the Department of Housing and Urban Development that apply to our area (“HUD Guidelines”).
Generally, financial assistance will be available to address remaining balances if:
1. Your family income is at or below the HUD Guidelines;
2. Your family income, exceeds the HUD Guidelines, but is insufficient to pay all or part of your bill; or
3. Your family income, exceeds the HUD Guidelines, and liquid assets are insufficient to pay significant or catastrophic medical bills not covered by your insurance.
In addition to your completed application, we may require documents evidencing your income, assets and medical expenses to determine whether you qualify for assistance. If you do not qualify for financial assistance, you may still be eligible for self-pay or other discounts according to our Policy. Our Financial Assistance Policy describes this in more detail.
CHI St. Alexius Health will not bill patients who are eligible for financial assistance more for emergency or other medically necessary care than the amounts we generally bill to individuals who have insurance covering such care.
- A brochure on the program is available for download click here.
- For a detailed description of the Financial Assistance Program click here.
- To download an application click here.
For more information or if you have questions, please contact us at (701) 530-8806 or (800) 545-8860, by email or visit in the Patient Access department located at the 10th Street Entrance or Patient Financial Services in the Technology & Education Center at 1310 East Main Avenue. At your request, a copy of the Financial Assistance Policy and an application form will be mailed to you at no charge.