Speech-language pathologists at CHI St. Alexius Health evaluate and treat patients of all ages (infant through geriatrics) to address speech, language, cognitive, voice and/or swallowing difficulties. We serve both inpatients and outpatients at the medical center. In addition, we also make home health care visits, provide speech therapy to the Northland PACE program and provide services to outlying areas via Telemedicine.
Our therapists are highly trained professionals who have received master’s degrees in Communication Disorders. Additionally they have obtained a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
CHI St. Alexius Health Speech-Language Pathologists have additional training in the following areas:
- Autism Certification
- Beckman Oral Motor Exercises
- Braintrain computer program for cognitive functioning
- Myofascial Release
- Pediatric Feeding
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- PROMPT (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets)
- Tongue Thrust
- Videoflouroscopy (swallow evaluation)
- Voice Evaluation and Treatment, including Videostroboscopy (flexible & rigid)
- Lee Silverman Voice Training Program (LSVT)
Common Diagnoses and Populations Served:
- Cerebral Vascular Accident (CVA)
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Developmental Delay
- Premature Birth
- Head & Neck Cancer
Pediatric Free Screenings
CHI St. Alexius Health offers free screenings by appointment for children 0-13 years old. A typical screening session lasts about 20 minutes. The purpose of the screening is not to diagnose a disorder, but identify areas of concern and the potential need for evaluation. Contact Rehabilitation Services at (701) 530-8200 at least 2 days in advance of when you would like your child to be screened. If a formal evaluation is recommended, please contact your insurance provider for information regarding your benefits and coverage.