Speech-language pathologists at CHI St. Alexius Health evaluate and treat patients of all ages (infant through geriatrics) to address speech, language, cognitive, voice and/or swallowing difficulties. We serve both inpatients and outpatients at the medical center.
Our therapists are highly trained professionals who have received master’s degrees in Communication Disorders. Additionally they have obtained a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
CHI St. Alexius Health Speech-Language Pathologists have additional training in the following areas:
- Autism Certification
- Beckman Oral Motor Exercises
- Braintrain computer program for cognitive functioning
- Myofascial Release
- Pediatric Feeding
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- PROMPT (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets)
- Tongue Thrust
- Videoflouroscopy (swallow evaluation)
- Voice Evaluation and Treatment, including Videostroboscopy (flexible & rigid)
- Lee Silverman Voice Training Program (LSVT)
Common Diagnoses and Populations Served:
- Cerebral Vascular Accident (CVA)
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Developmental Delay
- Premature Birth
- Head & Neck Cancer
Pediatric Free Screenings
CHI St. Alexius Health offers free screenings by appointment for children 0-13 years old. A typical screening session lasts about 20 minutes. The purpose of the screening is not to diagnose a disorder, but identify areas of concern and the potential need for evaluation. Contact Rehabilitation Services at (701) 530-8200 at least 2 days in advance of when you would like your child to be screened. If a formal evaluation is recommended, please contact your insurance provider for information regarding your benefits and coverage.