St. Alexius’ telehealth program combines technology and the clinical expertise of a home health nurse to monitor a person’s vital signs through the use of the Honeywell HomMed® Health Monitoring System. This all takes place in the comfort of the patient’s own home. The telehealth system gives people the peace of mind of knowing someone is watching over their health at all times. It also enables patients to take an active role in their own healthcare.
The benefits of telehealth include:
- A sense of security and reduction of anxiety for patients and families
- Early intervention if health status declines
- Improved symptom management
- Active involvement between the patient and healthcare providers
Who Could Benefit from Telehealth
- Patients living in rural settings
- Congestive heart failure patients
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients
- Diabetic patients
- Hypo or hypertensive patients
- Or, anyone looking for help managing a chronic disease
How It Works
The Honeywell HomMed® Health Monitoring System assists with detecting subtle changes in a patient’s health status and enabling an early intervention. Patients use the equipment to measure their own heart rate, blood pressure and weight. It also offers customizable subjective disease-related queries for a more complete picture of an individual’s health. Patients/caregivers are engaged by a friendly voice and easy-to-use interface which guides the patient through every step. The collected data is securely transmitted through the phone line to telehealth coordinators who review the information. The coordinator communicates any changes to the patient’s healthcare provider(s).
The equipment setup can include:
- Digital scale (rated for weights up to 500 lbs.)
- Blood pressure cuff
- Noninvasive finger sensor for pulse and oxygen saturation levels
- Glucose meter
- Peak flow meter with FEV1
Skilled clinicians, along with the Honeywell HomMed® Health Monitoring System, provide patients with the highest quality of care every day, in their own home environment.
Our telehealth home monitoring system helps:
- Manage patients’ health seven days a week
- Provide preventive and proactive care
- Reduce ER visits and hospitalizations
- Improve quality of life
For more information about the telehealth program, contact St. Alexius Home Care & Hospice at
(701) 530-4500 or (800) 223-1977. Download the brochure: Telehealth brochure
To read a telemedicine efficacy study for rural patient population click here.