Specialized treatment for men's health issues is available.
This may include treatment for:
1. Bladder dysfunction
- Urine leakage
- Difficulty voiding
- Incomplete emptying
- Nocturia (nighttime voiding)
- Urinary frequency
- Urinary urgency
- Interstitial cystitis
2. Bowel dysfunction
- Stool leakage
- Irritable bowel syndrome
3. Pelvic Pain
- Pain in penis, testicles, groin, rectum, lower abdomen, tailbone, etc.
- Pain with emptying bladder or bowel
- Pain with intercourse
4. Prostate disorders
- Post-prostate cancer
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH)
Our Men's Health Rehabilitation Therapists
Tana Herr, PT
Erica Schuler, PT
When referred to physical therapy, your comprehensive evaluation will include assessment of posture, range of motion, strength, motor control, joint and nerve function. Based on these findings, the therapist will create an individualized treatment plan. The ultimate goal of therapy is to return you to a full active lifestyle.
Should I seek treatment?
- Are you frequently up at night to urinate?
- Are you going to the bathroom more than every three to four hours during the day?
- Do you feel like your bladder is not emptying completely when you urinate?
- Do you have a strong, sudden urge of your bowel or bladder that you cannot control?
- Do you experience pain with urination, bowel movement, or intercourse?
- Do you wear an undergarment for protection due to leakage of bowel or bladder?
- Have you altered your social activities due to fear of bowel or bladder leakage?
If you answered yes to any of the above you may be a good candidate for physical therapy treatment.
HELP IS AVAILABLE
Please check with your insurance provider to determine whether a physician order is required. If so, contact your primary care provider for an appropriate referral.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, contact the Human Performance Center at 701-530-8100 or 1-800-222-7858.