Physical Therapy Services include:
- Personalized exercise programs
- Strength, endurance and balance training
- Fall prevention
- Modalities: TENS, phonophoresis, iontophoresis, MENS, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, hot and cold pack treatments, traction and massage
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Family or care giver education
- Prosthetic training
- Evaluation and assessment regarding orthopaedic bracing
- Wheelchair fitting
- Wheelchair mobility training
- General mobility training for deconditioning or a variety of neuromuscular diseases
- Home visits
- Body weight supported gait training
- Evaluation for need of home equipment and information on accessibility
St. Alexius Human Performance Center  is one of the area's premiere outpatient therapeutic and rehabilitation facilities. It offers a wide variety of physical therapy services addressing neurological disorders, orthopedic injuries, women's and men's health issues, lymphatic complications due to cancer, sports medicine and industrial medicine. A complete list of therapy services  is provided at this link. Therapists at HPC will utilize a variety of modalities and manual treatments in order to reduce the loss of function.
To access services of HPC therapists a physician's order may be required. Some insurances allow for direct access to the physical therapists of the HPC. Free screenings are offered for those that want to determine if a physician's visit is necessary. For a free screening call the numbers below.
Ask your care providers if referral to the Human Performance Center is appropriate for you.
For more information about the St. Alexius' Human Performance Center and its care of neurological conditions, please call (701)530-8100 or (800)222-7858.