Rehabilitation Occupational Therapy Services include:
- Customized treatment programs focusing on strength, coordination, range of motion and other deficit areas
- Home visits
- Apartment stays to help patients and families simulate a home environment to prepare for discharge to home
- Cooking evaluations
- Activities of daily living focusing on increasing independence with self-cares
- Upper extremity strength, coordination, sensory, range of motion testing
- Splinting for various upper extremity needs
- Adaptive equipment training
- Caregiver training
- Cognitive activities to address problem-solving, safety awareness, money management and memory
St. Alexius' Human Performance Center  is one of the area's premiere outpatient therapeutic and rehabilitation facilities. It offers a wide variety of occupational therapy services addressing neurological disorders, orthopedic injuries, and industrial medicine. A complete list of therapy services  is provided at this link. Therapists at HPC will utilize a variety of modalities and manual treatments in order to reduce the loss of function.
To access services of HPC therapists a physician's order may be required. Free screenings are offered for those that want to determine if a physician's visit is necessary. For a free screening call the numbers below.
Ask your care providers if referral to the Human Performance Center is appropriate for you.
For more information about St. Alexius' Human Performance Center and its care of neurological conditions, please call (701)530-8100 or (800)222-7858.