The people we serve in our Rehabilitation Unit enjoy exceptional outcomes as compared to regional and national data. The major groups of patients we serve are:
- Orthopedics = 38%
- Stroke = 33%
- Brain Injury = 13%
- Amputees = 7%
- Spinal Cord = 7%
- Neurological Disorders = 4%
The average length of stay is 13 days depending on severity of illness and diagnosis. Seventy-one percent of our patients return back to their homes after rehabilitation.
The functional independence measure for patients on discharge is higher than other comparative Rehabilitation Units in the region and nation. This information means we achieve and exceed our rehabilitation goals for the people we serve. We are very proud of the outstanding results our patients achieve both, by their hard work and our excellent team of professionals.
As compared to other facilities we are below the benchmark with the National Database for Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) for pressure ulcers and restraints.
The following comments were made on our returned patient satisfaction surveys:
- "They gave me positive motivation for me to do it."
- "All nurses, physical therapy, occupational therapy and recreational therapy - very very satisfied. I will miss them and I thank them from the bottom of my heart."
- "Very good program and staff."
- "Nursing staff was so sweet and caring. You knew they were sincere."
- "My occupational and physical therapists were so awesome."
- "The recreational therapist made it fun, that you looked forward to outings."
- "A wonderful, caring group of people."
- "Can't say enough about these people, as all were so helpful and friendly and fun. Thank you much for everything."
- "If you have to be in a rehab this is a very good facility to be at! Thanks to everyone! Good food too!"