The Sponsors of St. Alexius Medical Center are the
Sisters of St. Benedict of the Annunciation Monastery.
The Vision of Sponsorship of the Sisters of St. Benedict
Bismarck, North Dakota
At this time in history, we commit ourselves, as members of Annunciation Monastery, to embrace the ministry of sponsorship more intentionally. We seek to impart our heritage and values as Benedictines. We are refocusing our commitment of sponsorship in ways that invite those who work with us to bear witness to Gospel values through deeds of love and service.
We challenge ourselves and our co-workers to respond to the needs of the time by providing quality institutions that reflect our Catholic, Christian, Benedictine values. We will provide education, formation, and resources necessary to strengthen and sustain the leadership and governance among and between Annunciation Monastery and its corporate ministries. We, the Benedictine Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, hold this vision as our hope to maintain and strengthen our sponsorship of these institutions into the future.
What is Sponsorship?
Sponsorship is a structured relationship through which the sponsor (Annunciation Monastery), in the name of the Catholic Church, directs and influences a health care or higher education ministry that meets an apostolic need and furthers the mission of Jesus.
- Catholic identity
- Responsibility and accountability
- Mission of the sponsor, we, the Sisters of St. Benedict, Annunciation Monastery
- Recognized ministry of the Catholic Church
- Extension of Jesus' mission
- Service of others
- Canonical and civil legal structure(s)
A Description of Sponsorship for Today
- Sponsorship is a relationship of delegated authority in which the sponsor as the canonical steward truly ensures the Catholic identity of its ministries to carry out the work of the Church.
- Sponsorship ministries are extensions of Jesus' teaching, service, and healing ministry, according to the sponsor's mission.
- Sponsorship is itself a ministry of the Church in which the sponsor (lay and/or religious) ensures the authenticity and long-term viability of the works done in the name of the Church, to advance God's reign of justice, peace and love through service to others. As a distinct, ecclesial ministry, sponsorship has called many individuals who generously and faithfully fulfill the necessary responsibilities.
To learn more about the Sisters of St. Benedict Annuciation Monastery please view their website.