Thank You for Getting a Kick Out of Helping Kids!
Proceeds benefit St. Alexius Medical Center Children’s Center
Thank you to the sponsors, participants, volunteers and fans of the second annual St. Alexius Kickball Tournament held Saturday, September 28, 2013 at Clem Kelley Softball Complex in Bismarck.
With your help we raised more than $23,000 in proceeds that will purchase new technology and renovate St. Alexius Children’s Center into Alex Town.
SAVE THE DATE for SAKT 2014:
Saturday, September 27
Clem Kelley and Cottonwood Softball Complexes
Congratulations to all SAKT 2013 teams!
18-49 Recreational Division Results
- 1st Place – The Radiators (St. Alexius Interventional Radiology), Bismarck, ND
- 2nd Place – Dads Bad Boys, Bismarck, ND
- 3rd Place – Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (Mid Dakota Clinic), Bismarck, ND
18-49 Competitive Division Results
- 1st Place – Herdat Inc., Mandan, ND (Second year in a row as Champions!)
- 2nd Place – Toe Jammers, Bismarck, ND
- 3rd Place – Eide Ford Ballers, Bismarck, ND
Congratulations to the SAKT 2013 Fundraising Challenge Winners!
Top INDIVIDUAL Fundraiser
James Decker of Basin Electric Power Cooperative
James won a grilling package complete with grill, grilling utensils and spices sponsored by Sam’s Club
Top TEAM Fundraiser
They won a pizza and beer party for the entire team sponsored by MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub
What is the St. Alexius Kickball Tournament (SAKT)?
It’s Kickball! Who doesn’t love kickball? The game we all played as kids is now the center of a fundraising event for kids! Proceeds from the round robin kickball tournament go to improve patient care at St. Alexius Medical Center Children’s Center. In 2012 and 2013 funds helped us purchase new technology and renovate the pediatric unit into an imaginative town named after St. Alexius’ official mascot, “Alex The Cat.” The purpose of Alex Town is to enhance a child’s hospital experience during his or her visit.
Kids are the heart and soul of our community and future. That’s why St. Alexius Medical Center has equipped our Children’s Center with only the best people and technology to take care of them.
- 9-bed unit (7 beds with small town theme and 2 beds for older children)
- Small town theme complete with fire station, police station, toy store, pet shop, zoo and more
- Street for walking or riding bike
- Working stop light
- New monitors so each room can serve as a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
“The nurses and staff are great at St. Alexius. They really invested a lot of time and care into his condition.” -Eric, whose 9 year old son was treated by St. Alexius Children’s Center staff, nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists.
For more information on SAKT contact Kilee at (701) 530-7394 or email .
|Thank You to Our Sponsors|