St. Alexius Medical Center in Bismarck has entered into a management agreement with Linton Hospital. According to Spencer Larson, Linton Hospital board chair, ownership will remain with Linton Hospital. “We will continue to utilize our board of directors combined with the added resources and leadership of St. Alexius Medical Center to provide high quality patient care to the people we serve.” In addition, St. Alexius will assist Linton Hospital with the placement of a CEO as well as help with physician recruitment.
Gary P. Miller, president and CEO of St. Alexius Medical Center, says the landscape of healthcare is rapidly changing. “This management agreement makes it possible to maintain strong local care and strong tertiary care through a pooling of resources and knowledge.”
St. Alexius Medical Center is a 306-bed, full-service healthcare system offering a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Emergency and Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, durable medical equipment services and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota. Since its founding in 1885, St. Alexius has been recognized with numerous accreditations and awards including: The Joint Commission, Blue Cross Blue Shield Centers of Excellence Awards and “100 Greatest Hospitals to Know” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Linton Hospital was opened in 1953, by the seven Sisters of St. Francis of Tiffin, Ohio. The sisters managed the hospital until an administrator was hired in 1962. Today the Linton Hospital employs over 100 people. The hospital also has three affiliated clinics, which offer a wide variety of medical services to the residents of Emmons and Campbell counties.